Arab League condemns Israeli attacks on Gaza

CAIRO, The Cairo-based Arab League on Tuesday deplored the Israeli aggression launched on the besieged Gaza Strip that killed and wounded dozens of Palestinians.

In a statement, the League held the Israeli government full responsible for this crime committed earlier in the day against the Strip, saying it is part of the Israeli crimes committed against Palestinians.

This aggression comes amid Israeli attempts seeking to undermine living conditions in the besieged Strip, it noted.

Such attacks will lead to further deterioration and drag the region into further violence and unrest, and their impacts will threaten international peace and security, the statement pointed out.

The League confirmed that the Israeli crimes committed against unarmed Palestinian people would not undermine their steadfastness and adherence by their land, it said.

The League called for an international intervention to effectively and immediately stop the Israeli aggression and provide international protection to Palestinian people so as to end the Israeli occupation and halt the bloodshed in Gaza, it made clear. Meanwhile, Palestinian Health Ministry announced that an Israeli air strike killed two people, raising the number of those killed to seven since the early morning.

The Ministry’s spokesman Ashraf Al-Qedra added in a statement that the Israeli strikes also wounded 45 others.

Furthermore, the government media office in the Strip said that after Israel assassinated Palestinian Islamic Jihad leader Bahaa Abu Al-Ata, its military aircraft carried out more than 20 strikes and artillery launched 10 attacks on the Strip.

The strikes targeted agricultural plots of land, farms, sites of the resistance and other places in the Strip, it added.

It pointed out that the Israeli occupation authorities shut down Beit Hanoun (Erez) crossing, north of the Strip, and Karam Abu Salem crossing, south of the Gaza Strip, as well as banned fishing in the Sea of Gaza.

Source: Kuwait News Agency