Kuwaiti Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Anas Al-Saleh said Tuesday the government plans to make an orderly evacuation of its citizens living abroad.
Speaking to reporters at parliament following a meeting on Coronavirus-related issues, Al-Saleh, who doubles as Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs, said that appropriate quarantine centers and necessary medical supplies would be made available ahead of the evacuation process.
He underlined that all ministries and state agencies are doing their utmost in order to properly support the country’s health bodies in their fight against the novel coronavirus, known as COVID-19.
Meanwhile, the interior minister restated that a decision to impose a national curfew is “in the cards” should relevant instructions, mainly steering away from gatherings, be unfulfilled.
“This option (curfew) is likely to be put in place, if people fail to keep away from gatherings,” the minister warned.
Earlier in the day, the Kuwaiti Ministry of Health reported seven additional cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), bringing the country’s total confirmed infections to 130.
All the new cases were Kuwaiti citizens who had arrived back from the UK, the ministry said.
Source: Kuwait News Agency