MoH: coronavirus situation stable, but cautioned to adhere to preventive measures

The coronavirus situation in Kuwait is “stable”, the Ministry of Health (MoH) Spokesman Dr. Abdullah Al-Sanad said Tuesday, but called for adhering to the preventive measures to avoid a rise in cases.

Speaking at a news conference, Al-Sanad noted that the number of people who deserve coronavirus vaccines at present hit 2,775,000 after excluding those who are below 16 years.

He hoped all people could receive COVID-19 vaccines throughout the year, pointing to the global competition of demand for the vaccines.

“We are receiving vaccines periodically through phases,” he said, hoping for getting more doses in the next months to help those who want vaccination.

The MoH has created an appropriate environment to store vaccines, in line with the standards set by the manufacturers, he pointed out.

No doses have been damaged so far for any reason, he stressed.

Al-Sanad extolled the role of the medical staff working in the first line of defense against the coronavirus, recalling Dr. Aisha Al-Awadhi who died from the coronavirus two days ago. He prayed to Allah to bestow mercy on her soul.

Source: Kuwait News Agency