Pompeo demands Maduro’s military to “let the aid reach the starving people”

WASHINGTON, February 6 (KUNA)-US State Secretary Michael Pompeo on Wednesday said that the Venezuelan military is blocking humanitarian aid sent by the US and other countries from reaching the people that “desperately need” it and demanded the regime of President Nicholas Maduro to “let it reach the starving people.” Pompeo said in a tweet that “the Venezuelan people desperately need humanitarian aid.” He asserted that the US and “other countries are trying to help, but Venezuela’s military under Maduro’s orders is blocking aid with trucks and shipping tankers.” “The Maduro regime must LET THE AID REACH THE STARVING PEOPLE,” he maintained. Last month, the US State Department announced in a statement that the US “is ready to provide more than USD 20 million in initial humanitarian assistance to the people of Venezuela as they struggle to cope with severe food and medicine shortages and the other dire impacts of their country’s political and economic crisis caused by the illegitimate Maduro regime.

Source: Kuwait News Agency