UNITED NATIONS, Kuwait, on Friday, circulated among Security Council members, yet another press statement, on the Israeli-Palestinian clashes in Gaza, as a similar statement was blocked last week, by the United States.
Kuwaiti ambassador to the United Nations, Mansour Al-Otaibi, whose country is a member of the Security Council, told reporters that, his delegation has just circulated another press statement, among council members.
The text of the second statement is “almost identical” to the one circulated last week, and does not contain condemnation of Israel, said the ambassador.
“Kuwait’s position is clear. This is a matter that the council should address and (should) have a unified position toward,” said Otaibi. “What is happening is a clear violation of international law.”
Bloody clashes resumed on Friday, between Palestinian protesters and Israeli security forces, along the Israel-Gaza border. The permanent observer of Palestine to the United Nations, Riyad Mansour, who appeared in a press encounter with Otaibli, said, nine Palestinians, including one child, was killed on Friday, and 1,000 others were injured.
Since Mar 30, almost 30 Palestinians have been killed and 2,500 others injured, in two rounds of clashes with Israeli security forces, he said.
Source: Nam News Network